Mr Shah has published several peer-reviewed research articles in the medical literature including original articles, case reports, case series, research letters, review papers and textbook chapters – please see below for details and links to Mr Shah’s paper abstracts (please note that access to the full text of these papers often requires a journal or medical library subscription).
- Seeing Double [Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension].
Shah AN, Riordan-Eva P.
In: Challenging Concepts in Neurology. Oxford University Press, January 2016
- The pattern and distribution of retinal breaks in eyes with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment.
Shunmugam M, Shah AN, Hysi PG, Williamson TH.
American Journal of Ophthalmology 2014 Jan; 157(1):221-226.e1
- Enzymatic Vitreolysis for the Treatment of Symptomatic Vitreomacular Adhesion.
Shah AN, Hughes EH.
CML Ophthalmology 2014; 24(2)
- Recurrent microbial keratitis in eyes with keratoconjunctivitis sicca with coexisting ocular surface pathology.
Nanavaty MA, Shah AN, Al-Sukkar R, Lake DB.
Oman Journal of Ophthalmology. 2014 Sep; 7(3):161-4
- Hypertensive retinopathy in severely hypertensive children: demographic, clinical and ophthalmoscopic findings from a 30-year British cohort.
Williams KM, Shah AN, Morrison D, Sinha MD.
Journal of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 2013 Jul-Aug; 50(4):222-8
- Workload, referral characteristics and consultation outcomes of out-of-hours ophthalmology services.
Shah AN, Bowler GS.
Eye 2012 Jul; 26(7):1027-8
- ‘Swiss Roll’ amniotic membrane technique for the management of corneal perforations.
Chan E, Shah AN, O’Brart DPS.
Cornea 2011 Jul;30(7):838-41
- Estimating corneal meridians.
Shah AN, Harsum SE.
Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2009 Dec; 35(12):2169-70
- Early features in acute macular neuroretinopathy.
Garg A, Shah AN, Eleftheriadis H, O’Sullivan E.
International Ophthalmology 2013 (accepted for publication Aug 2013)
- Bilateral foveal cysts secondary to Streptococcus constellatus endocarditis.
Shah AN, Shah BN, Glover S, Herbert L.
International Ophthalmology 2013 Jun; 33(3):315-7
- Eyelid necrotizing fasciitis: what were the early signs?
Shah AN, Day AC, Healy VC, Olver JM.
Journal of Emergency Medicine 2013 Feb; 44(2):349-51
- Acquired melanosis of a conjunctival autograft following pterygium surgery.
Perera S, Shah AN, Lawuyi L.
Contact Lens & Anterior Eye 2011 Aug;34(4):196-7
- Corneal decompensation due to spontaneously dislocated crystalline lens: initial management can be conservative.
Shah AN, O’Brart DPS.
Clinical and Experimental Optometry 2011 Jul;94(4):380-2
- Hypertensive chorioretinopathy with Elschnig spots in a three year old child.
Shah AN, Jones HE, Sinha MD, Morrison DA.
Eye 2011 Mar; 25(3):394-5
- Ocular loiasis in London 2008-2009: a case series.
Bowler GS, Shah AN, Bye LA, Saldana M.
Eye 2011 Mar; 25(3):389-91
- Images in clinical medicine: Ocular Loiasis.
Shah AN, Saldana M.
New England Journal of Medicine 2010 Sep 9; 363(11):e16
- Resolution of high myopia following herpes simplex keratitis.
Harsum SE, Shah AN, Perera S
Clinical and Experimental Optometry 2010 Nov; 93(6):471-2
- Bilateral Panuveitis following Intravesical BCG Immunotherapy for Bladder Carcinoma.
Uppal GS, Shah AN, Tossounis CM, Tappin MJ.
Ocular Immunology & Inflammation 2010 Aug; 18(4):292-6
- Hypothyroid cardiomyopathy due to hypopituitarism: a diagnostic dilemma.
Shah AN, Dubrey SW, Thomas D.
Clinical Medicine 2007; 7(6):639-40
- Controversies in vitreoretinal surgery.
Williamson TH, Shah AN.
Eye News 2012
- Bacille Calmette-Guérin and ocular inflammations.
Shah AN, Uppal GS, Tappin MJ.
Urology 2011 Apr;77(4):1014-5
- Association of Ophthalmologists’ Response to NICE Guideline 85.
Shah AN, Odufuwa B.
Eye News February/March 2010; 16(5):30-2
- Foundation Year 2 in Ophthalmology: a trainee’s perspective.
Eye News April/May 2007
- Future Imperfect: Virtual reality in 21st-century surgery.
Panesar SS, Shah AN, Mckay-Davies I.
Student BMJ 2005 March; 13:89
- Influence of Annexin 1 gene deletion on dopaminergic cell numbers in the mid-brain.
Shah AN, McArthur S, Morris JF, Flower RJ, Buckingham JC, Gillies GE.
Endocrine Abstracts 2003; 6:OC4.
- Programming Effects of Neonatal Dexamethasone Treatment on the Ventral Tegmental Area in Adulthood: the Potential Role of Annexin 1.
McArthur S, Shah AN, Morris JF, Flower RJ, Buckingham JC, Gillies GE.
Society for Neuroscience Abstracts 2003.
More about Mr Shah